If you need cheap tooth extraction Brisbane has to offer, should you go to an endodontist or to an oral and maxillofacial surgeon? Aren’t you just supposed to go to a “regular” dentist?
In Australia, most dentists are general dentists, which means they are able to diagnose and treat diseases of the teeth, gums, and mouth. They are usually the first person you go to when you require a dental check-up.
Some of them are also specialists, which means they have had additional specialised training in a particular area. Depending on the type of dental work you require, there are cases when they will refer you to another specialist, such as an orthodontist or periodontist, or to another clinic such as a cosmetic dental Brisbane has.
Types of Dental Specialists
1. General Dentist – Your primary dental health care provider and who you go to for dental check-ups and simple to moderate procedures, such as cleanings, fillings, crowns, root canals, sealants, x-rays, and screenings for oral diseases.
2. Paediatric Dentist – Specialises in dental care for children and has additional training that includes learning about how teeth develop. Your kids should have a paediatric dentist who can treat dental problems even in infants. Also look for one who provides cheap tooth extraction Brisbane has which are covered by the Australian Government’s Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
3. Endodontist – Cares for the inner portion of your teeth (such as the pulp and nerve) and performs complicated surgical root procedures. An endodontist also removes infected tissues from within the tooth and refills the nerve canal.
4. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon – The specialist you go to when you need to have a wisdom tooth removed, require reconstructive surgery, or need dental implants. This type of dentist also deals with patients who have jaw disorders and who have suffered facial injuries.
5. Orthodontist – If you need braces, retainers, and other dental appliances or if you need to have your facial balance or bite checked, go to an orthodontist.
6. Periodontist – This type of dental specialist treats diseases of the soft tissues in the mouth, such as gingivitis and periodontitis.
7. Prosthodontist – When you need bridges, crowns, dentures, implant replacements, and similar dental work, you will be referred to a prosthodontist.
Making Sure You Receive the Best Care and Service from a Dental Specialist
Did you know that a dentist is obligated by law to tell you the cost of teeth removal and dentures and all other procedures or products before any dental work is done? Plus, your dental health care provider should clearly explain what a certain procedure involves. You must also first agree to have any work done on you or your children.
You have the right to make informed decisions for your dental health. Ask your dentist about any questions or share any concerns you have. Some helpful questions include:
– What are the benefits and risks, and are there alternatives?
– How much is the procedure? Will Medicare cover the dental filling cost Brisbane clinics charge or whatever type of work and costs required?
– What does the procedure involve, how long will it take, and what anaesthetics will be used?
– How long is the recovery and what should I expect after the dental procedure?
Always make sure you understand what is involved in any type of dental work you need. Remember that you have rights and options to ensure you receive the best dental healthcare possible.
If you are looking for cheap tooth extraction Brisbane has from reputable dental specialists, make an appointment with Fix Dental. For more information, visit their website at: https://www.fixdental.com.au/